There are several factors that can clog our ears, from the accumulation of wax plugs, water, inflammation or pressure. Learn how to unclog your ears quickly, depending on the cause.
What Causes Ears to Plug?
As we already mentioned, there are several factors that produce plugged ears, for example:
· Earwax plugs (it is one of the most common causes).
· Water trapped in the middle ear (the second most common cause).
· Respiratory allergies.
· Nasal congestion and colds.
· Infected sinuses.
· Inflammation of the adenoids.
· Flying in an airplane or climbing mountains (ear plugging from height).
· The change in atmospheric pressure.
· Hearing damage from loud noises, direct blows, or the introduction of an object. These types of injuries can feel like pressure and hearing loss, however, if you have had an injury you should consult a doctor urgently.
Remedies to unclog the ears
Temporary hearing loss in any of the ears can have different causes and there are various techniques to unclog them, in some cases, it will only be enough to wait the appropriate time, however, most of the time the ears can be uncovered in a few minutes.
Solutions range from using decongestant drops, ear unclogging medications, a little warm water, taking small jumps to remove trapped water in the ear, and various other techniques described below, depending on the cause of the plugging.
Unclogging ears from flu or stuffiness
Ear congestion can cause pressure and ear plugging, to fix this, you can try some of these techniques:
· To unclog them quickly, yawn repeatedly, the movement of the muscles that control the Eustachian tubes can unclog the ear.
· Swallow repeatedly, you can try a candy or water intake.
· Chew something, it can be gum or other food, this movement produces an opening of the ear canal.
· Clean the nasal passages: To decongest and reduce the symptoms of sinusitis that cause congestion in the ears, you can use the nasal wash with warm water and salt. You should tilt your head 45 degrees and introduce the liquid into one of the nostrils and let it drain through the other nostril.
· Take steam baths. Steam baths help reduce inflammation and decongest, giving quick relief to plugged ears. Adding herbs like eucalyptus or peppermint will give you better results.
Ears plugged by the plane
When we travel by air, that is, by plane, changes in air pressure can cover the ears and even cause pain. It is also known as air plugs.
What you can do while traveling to prevent your ears from clogging is to bring a gum, and chew it before takeoff. Another alternative is to suck on candy or simply carry a lemon, which will give us a good amount of saliva to swallow, this will help us relieve pressure.
In these cases it also works very well to yawn or open the mouth as much as we can, making movement with the jaw in order to open the ear canals.
Another technique, which must be done very carefully, is to cover the nostrils with one hand, closing the mouth, and trying to expel the air. Care must be taken not to damage the eardrums by applying excessive pressure.
Natural drops to unclog the ears with wax
To clean the ears with a match, you can use natural drops that you can make at home and help remove the plug by washing the ear canal.
You can use some oils, such as baby oil, mineral oil or glycerin, but in this case, we are going to mention a totally natural one, and that will help you soften the wax and unclog the ear.
For this, it is necessary to use water at room temperature, and the drops are introduced with a syringe, standing upright and with the head upright, once the water is introduced, the head must be tilted to allow it to irrigate and throw the wax plug.
Note: If the auditory tamponade is accompanied by earache, it is not advisable to use drops and it is better to consult a specialist, since there may be damage to the eardrum.
Ears plugged with water
If the cause of the auditory obstruction is due to the entry of water into our ear (swimmer's ear), rapid techniques consisting of small movements can be used.
· Standing, tilt your head to the side where your ear is covered, and with the opposite foot, make small jumps. (this is a very effective technique to uncover them in less than a minute)
· The easiest way to remove water from your ears is to use gravity. That is, by tilting the head, the water in the ear will often drain on its own. Sometimes the water is in the ear canal, but it is not actually trapped there. By pointing the clogged ear to the floor, the water can eventually drain out. Sometimes this can take a couple of minutes.
· Use a hot compress: with this application you can open the Eustachian tubes. You should soak a cloth with hot water, and once drained, hold it over the plugged ear with the head tilted to the side that we want it to drain.
In general, when the ear is plugged during swimming practice, it is best to leave it like that until the end of the class, since the action of closing the ear canal is to protect the ear. Once you get out of the pool you can try these techniques.
With these techniques you will be able to unclog your ears quickly, but if none have worked for you, it is advisable to consult a specialist.
The plugged ear cannot last more than a few hours when the causes are treatable through these processes, if the auditory function is affected for several days, and is accompanied by any annoying (however minimal), you should see a doctor.
Skin thins and dries with age, so lines and wrinkles start to appear. Applying primer before you put on your makeup helps minimize the appearance of fine lines and pores by filling them in. This way your skin is a smooth blank canvas for you to apply your makeup. Skin primer does not get rid of fine lines and large pores, but it can help both appear less visible. Silicone is a common ingredient in skin primer that works well for the purpose. Cell Xtend Plus